Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Busy Sword Making Day

It's been a busy day of sword making here. I made one today for my six-year old's birthday using my latest production improvement.
You'll see the crossguard is thicker.
This technique keeps the blade stronger and provides better hand protection.
While I was at it, I made him a dagger and replaced the crossguard on Theron's sword. It was done it with the old technique, because there's no way for me to change it now.
Then we went into repainting mode. Shane got his whole set repainted in black and red, but used a metallic black on his sword.
Collin liked the look of the black and yellow contrast on this "kite" shield with his new sword and dagger.
Here is another shield in the standard "Heater" shape. I haven't repainted this one yet, because I wanted you to be able to see all the battle scars. They take a beating and keep on going.
Here is how I make the back. There is an adjustable strap that uses two rings and a web strap, and a sturdy handle for a solid grip. They are both bolted on so there's no worry about losing your shield in the heat of the battle.


Hopefully this gives you some new ideas on what is available. I look forward to hearing from you.

7 comments:

Susie PSU said...

What fun toys for your boys! I'm afraid mine would kill each other...maybe when they are older.

Kristen said...

You did a great job, honey.

The Morgan Family said...

i'm trying to post pictures down the side like you and K have with swords and family pictures.....but it just keeps trying to download and won't finish...uggg

The Morgan Family said...

where do i get sitemeter?

Wendy said...

Great job on those. I gotta get Connor one of those at some point!! He would love it! Take your stinkin word verification off. I HATE that!

Wendy said...

Done you mean mean man you. Now take off the word verification or no more comments for you!

Wendy said...

Aww thank you. I appreciate it. :)